Speyside Distillers is owned by John McDonough, a private limited company (registered in Scotland 199495.)
Our registered office address is 197 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 4HU.
• What types of personal data we collect
• How we collect personal data
• When and why we share it with other organisations, including the types of organisations involved
• How long we keep personal data for
• The rights and choices you have with regards to your personal data.
• Your name, age/date of birth (for age verification purposes) and location;
• Your contact details: postal addresses including billing and delivery addresses, contact telephone numbers;
• Details of purchases and orders made by you;
• When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
• Your correspondence and communications with us
• Personal data which you have maybe shared via a public platform, for example, social media
• Your communication and marketing preferences;
• Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
• Online browsing activities on our website.
We collect your personal data when:
• You subscribe to receive our newsletter
• You make an online purchase or place an order online on our website
• You enter a ballot or competition on our website
• When you attend one of our events or visit one of our sites
• When you contact us
We use your personal data with your agreement, to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (but only when you’ve given your consent to be contacted by us)
• We may send you personalised communications based on your preferences
• To verify your identity and your age
• For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
• To enable our company to manage any customer service interactions with you
• To ensure that our web content is presented in the most efficient way for you and your computer
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website, when you choose to do so
• Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Data Protection Laws require us to state our legal reason for processing your personal data.
We rely on your consent to send you marketing communications about our products. You can withdraw your consent to receive these communications at any time by using the unsubscribe button included in the communications we send you, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also collect and uses your personal data because it is necessary for:
• the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
• the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a consumer; or
complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The normal legal basis for processing consumer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of our company, including:
• selling and supplying goods to our consumers
• protecting consumers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
• promoting, marketing and advertising our products
understanding our consumers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs
• improving existing products and developing new products
• handling consumer contacts, queries, complaints, or disputes
• preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud, or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders.
You have a number of rights under the Data Protection Laws in relation to the way we process your personal data:
• to access your data
• to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
• in certain circumstances, to have your data deleted or removed
• in certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your data
• a right of data portability, namely to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across different services
• to object to direct marketing
• not to be subject to automated decision making (including profiling), where it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you
• to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection Laws.
To exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com
To effectively fulfil our obligations to you, and to provide you with certain benefits, we use a number of trusted and reliable third parties to carry out functions which involve the processing of your Personal Data. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
When you order products from our online shop, we will share your details with our fulfilment.
We use marketing service providers to administer services on our behalf, such as sending communications to our consumers, administering any promotions or ballots which we run.
Other agencies and fulfilment partners to administer events, competitions and brand programmes that you have opted into.
Some of the third party service providers we use may be based outside of the European Economic Area, but we will only transfer personal data to these service providers where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection and security controls are in place to protect your personal data.
We impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security which means that they can only use your personal data to provide services to Speyside Distillers or to you, and no other purpose.
We will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods will apply to different types of data. If you wish to have your data deleted or removed please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct usage of personal data, we monitor and adjust our physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect online.
If you have any questions or concerns about the way in which your Personal Data is processed, please email email@example.com
Last updated: 18/05/2018